I always read them so I thought I give a go at writing one ~ here’s my first Blog Banter…
Welcome to the continuing monthly EVE Blog Banters and the 74th edition! For more details about what the blog banters are please visit the Blog Banter page over on Sand, Cider and Spaceships.
The Most Important Reveal at Fanfest Was……
So when this Blog Banter goes live Fanfest will be over. Hungover geeks from around the world will be departing Reykjavik after a five-day binge of important internet spaceships and partying. Whether you were there in person, watched the streams or read the dev blogs on your mobile hidden under your work desk there was probably something in there that gave you a “nerd-boner”. What for you personally was the most important thing to come out of Fanfest 2016?
I was around for Fanfest last year and just like this year experienced it through reddit, the streams and the Dev Blogs. For me this years Fanfest seemed much more ostentatious with some very big news coming out, here are the ‘Day in reviews’:
I can’t nail down just one ‘most important thing’ so how about a Top 5:
- 5) Fleet Boosts Rework, warfare link changes – say goodbye to offgrid boosts and say hello to Area of Effect Links!
- 4) NPC Pirate Capitals and Supercapitals – capital NPCs in asteroid belts and cosmic anomalies that will have bounties in the 60-240 million ISK range which will also drop new capital named module components and faction capital modules – these look like fun and add some solid PvE options!
- 3) Pirate Faction Capitals and Supercapitals – rare and very powerful, doubt I’ll ever fly one but these boats are looking to be insane!
- 2) Project Nova – A free to play shooter on the PC working with the Unreal 4 Engine that is set in New Eden, stoked for this – the video capture by Dannie Fleetfoot looks super!
- 1) EVE Online: Citadel – Citadels are being touted as massive player-created cities in space. From what I’ve read and seen so far the game play and content that these structures will be able to generate is genuinely awe inducing.
If I have to absolutely narrow it down to one ‘most important thing’ I’m going with the introduction and future direction of Citadels as I have a feeling that they will precipitate some fairly sweeping changes to things in New Eden.
– – –