I tossed yesterday’s post up on https://www.reddit.com/r/evenewbies/ in the hopes that someone might find it informative. It did get a couple of responses but one in particular by /u/Nornamor got me to look a bit deeper at the types of modules you can fit on a JF.
There are four basic groups of modules that a JF can utilize and they are most often fit in sets of (3):
- Inertial Stabilizers (help with align time)
- Cargohold Expanders (add cargo space)
- Reinforced Bulkheads (add tank)
- Jump Economizers (decrease fuel requirements of jump drives)
Other than the Jump Economizers, which I’ve listed all three, for the comparison of the other groups I’m showing only the T2 version of the module and then the “No Poors Allowed” version of the module.
|JF||Inertial Stabilizers II||Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers|
|Approx cost for (3)||1,090,000.00||247,360,000.00|
- I’m not intimately familiar with align times and how they are affected by game ‘ticks’ but looking at these numbers it seems like only the Ark and Rhea would gain a ‘tick’ by using the Shadow Serpentis Inertial Stabilizers but I’m not sure the bonus is enough to warrant the cost, I would stick with the T2 modules.
|JF||Expanded Cargo Hold II||ORE Expanded Cargo Hold|
|Anshar||356,240 m³||368,962 m³|
|Ark||349,763 m³||362,254 m³|
|Nomad||341,991 m³||354,204 m³|
|Rhea||373,081 m³||386,404 m³|
|Approx cost for (3)||1,160,000.00||870,150,000.00|
- 360,000 m³ seems to be a magical number for hauling and the ORE Expanders allow the Anshar and Ark to fit that much. There’s no way for the Nomad to get there and the Rhea can fit that much without them but she also gets close to 390,000 m³ with them, that’s a lot of stuff! The ORE Expanders are not inexpensive but if you’re doing a lot of hauling then I’d dive in, they will be worth it in the long run… well except if you’re a Nomad pilot then I’d just do without.
|JF||Reinforced Bulkheads II||ORE Reinforced Bulkheads|
|Anshar||899,753 ehp||934,942 ehp|
|Ark||850,174 ehp||882,164 ehp|
|Nomad||648,154 ehp||668,947 ehp|
|Rhea||716,207 ehp||740,999 ehp|
|Approx cost for (3)||775,000.00||590,000,000.00|
- As /u/Nornamor pointed out in his reply, the Anshar is the tanky beast of the bunch and fitting Bulkheads is something to keep in mind when you have Low-Sec to High-Sec transitions or if you’re doing any extended hauling through High-Sec. If you’ve got the ISK to blow then I’d for sure get the ORE Bulkheads for your Anshar or Ark, they both gain over 30,000 ehp with them fitted. The Rhea would add near 25,000 ehp and the Nomad has the lowest gain of the bunch at just over 20,000 ehp. In my opinion every little bit of tank can help, it could add those few seconds you need to get to the gate or to warp out or for help to arrive.
|Module||Bonus||Approx cost for (3)|
|Limited Jump Drive Economizer||-4%||95,000,000.00|
|Experimental Jump Drive Economizer||-7%||170,000,000.00|
|Prototype Jump Drive Economizer||-10%||875,000,000.00|
- Over time fuel will be your biggest cost and every piece of ISK you can save on fuel costs will be significant. I think that having a set up Jump Economizers is a necessity and for the cost even the newest JF pilot should invest in a set of the Experimental Jump Drive Economizers and then when they can afford it they should definitely pick up a set of the Prototypes… No excuses! No exceptions!
Many thanks to /u/Nornamor for the incentive to take things a little deeper!
– – –