~ New Eden’s Legionnaires are here ~
“Footsloggers and soldiers of fortune, priests, poets, killers and cads — they fight for a future in New Eden, for cash, for a cause, for the thrill of adventure. Culled from the forgotten and unwanted of the four dominant empires, they are trained to be the most elite, and expendable, of fighting forces. Sometimes peacekeepers, sometimes shock troops, Force Nomad is sent into New Eden’s most desperate internal and external conflicts. Legionnaires live rough and they die hard, tough as Mercoxit and loyal to the dirty end.”
See the wonders of the outerworlds… Force Nomad wants you!
I don’t know if I’ll ever use it but at least I’ve got the Corporation started which ‘reserves’ the name. Having a military background I do have some thoughts for structure, etc… which I will jot down so that I have a base of reference.
Force Nomad – New Eden’s Legionnaires Ranks:
- LR0 – Legion Cadet (under 2.5mil SP)
- LR1 – Legion Ensign (2.5mil to 5mil SP)
- LR2 – Legion Lieutenant (5mil to 10mil SP)
- LR3 – Legion Lieutenant Commander (10mil to 20mil SP)
- LR4 – Legion Commander (20mil to 30mil SP)
- LR5 – Legion Commodore (30mil to 40mil SP)
- LR6 – Legion Admiral (50+mil SP)
- LR7 – Legion Vice Admiral
- LR8 – Sergeant Major of the Legion
- LR9 – Admiral of the Legion
My initial thought is to award ranks based on a combination of a characters total skill points and/or their time in service – in theory it sounds good but I’m sure there would be outliers that will not fit within that framework. The top three ranks would be reserved for the Corporation Leadership.
Force Nomad – New Eden’s Legionnaires Units:
- 1st Legionnaires Training Wing
- 3rd Legionnaires Pioneer Wing
- 1st Legionnaires Engineer Wing
- 1st Legionnaires Parachute Wing
- Legionnaires Command Wing
- Recruiting Group
These seem pretty straight forward, the ‘Recruiting Group’ isn’t a traditional unit, more of a role assignment, it would be a designation given to a member in any of the units.
Force Nomad – New Eden’s Legionnaires Medals/Awards:
- Order of Merit – awarded for every year of service in the Legion
- Order of the Star of Yan Jung – awarded for every 1000 kills a Legionnnaire achieves
- Order of the Black Star of Arkombine – I was thinking this could be awarded when the Legionnaire kills one of every ship class, although with the rarity of some ship classes (Prototype Exploration Ship, Titans, etc…) this could be a little too hard to achieve so I may have to rethink this one?
- Order of the Legion of Honour – this is the highest honour a Legionnaire can receive, it is awarded for exemplary service
These are more just for fun than anything else but I did put some thought into the criteria for their appointment. I was also thinking that there could be Campaign Medals awarded for individual operations if they were noteworthy.
Fun stuff to put some time in thinking about and drafting up but there is a whole whack of real work that needs to be put in to run a ‘good’ Corporation/Alliance in New Eden and I’ve already got that with our crew. At some point this could maybe turn into a side project to help out some new bros but that would be something to consider way down the road…
– – –