Operation Banahǫgg Spá After Action Report
2014-12-12 | 06:28
Overview, Goals and Objectives:
- Was out roaming with the Rifter in the Low-Sec Systems of Molden Heath looking for trouble.
- Had some fun messing around with some guys playing station games.
- Came across a Merlin near the Ennur Gate in Skarkon as I was returning to station and went for it.
Analysis of outcomes:
- Crea Reynolds was in a Merlin about 30km off the Gate when I jumped through. I held cloak for a few seconds to see what he was going to do.
- He didn’t warp so I hit approach and locked him up, he didn’t respond right away but after a couple of seconds he yellow boxed me.
- After he yellow boxed me I cycled my prop mod once and closed distance quickly to get a tight 500m orbit, still holding off on gun fire.
- I think between the fast distance closing and him being locked by me he may have spooked a bit and he engaged first.
- I webbed, scrammed and started applying DPS and with the help of the Gate guns his Merlin exploded super fast.
- Managed to scram, web and pop his Pod too. Not sure if this was a lucky grab or if maybe he was a little shook after losing his Merlin?
- Target of opportunity – ran across Yracka Nostijo in his Cyno Imicus just off a station in Tabbetzur, I took a little Station gun attention but his ship popped quickly.
Conclusion/Summary and Post Action Thoughts:
- Gate guns are your friend – getting your opponent to engage first is a solid tactic.
- 1v1 against another Frigate was a good test but not fully fair with the Gate gun help.
– – –